Custom Search

Friday, May 22, 2009

RESPOND TO THIS VIDEO, A Poem about Friendship

http://stanley.pacion.googlepages.com/homepage
http://www.stanleypacion.net

RESPOND TO THIS VIDEO,

A Poem about Friendship



Respond to this video.
Tell me, dear audience,
Tell me what you think,
Or tell me what you may believe.
I can’t be friends with her;
She is no friend to me.


Tell me what to do,

It’s not she’s bad,
Or evil beyond belief;
Yet she has broken her every promise,
No regard for holy vow,
But the real truth behind her lies,
And here great sympathy is required,
She has a hard time copin’,
Livin’ in the regular world,
Bein’ like all the other girls,
Who fit in the regular world.

Tell me, dear audience,
Tell me what to do!
My heart’s been rendered,
I feel it split,
I feel it’s split in two.

Nothing to win, and
Nothin’ left to lose.

‘Oh, you’re such a pretty girl,
Why are you so skinny?’
That’s what the ladies ask,
When she just standin’ there,
Standin’ there waitin’ for a bus.

Let me tell you what she said,
I tell you, dear audience,
What she once revealed to me,
She said, she’s always starvin’
That’s how she, she got worn away,
I’ve seen her get thinner,
Thinner by the day,
She can not finish her dinner,
She imagines cottage cheese,
Sees it form on the back of her legs.

Let me whisper a secret,
Maybe it will clear the air,
The first piece of furniture,
The first thing I bought for this house
It was a white, electronic scale,
She will not step on the scale.

Her bleeding it stopped some time ago,
But no problem with that, when there’s the pill,
Tweak the hormone and, anyway,
What’s so important?
Why the big deal?

Really, I can hear her say it,
As if she were present,
Right before me into my face, talkin’,
She be all pretend, diffident,
Yet the tiny sarcasm in her voice,
Oh that’s her, littl’ miss perfect!

‘Come on! I’ve got it, no problem!
‘My blood, it’s flowin’!
‘I’ve got my period right now.’

Respond to this video.
Tell me, dear audience,
Tell me what you think,
Or tell me what you believe.
I can’t be friends with her.
She can’t be friend to self.

Nothing for me,
Nothing to win and
Nothin’ left to lose.

It’s so awful, it’s weird,
I know she still loves me.

Will she ever be carefree again?

Can it be she’s really dyin’,
Dear God, I fear it’s true,
But she runs for miles,
Goes to the gym every other day,
Claims the thing, under-control!

My heart is broken,
All I can do is pray.

I can’t be friends with her,
She can’t be friend to self,

What else can I do?
What am I missin’?
I’ve never doubted her beauty!
Please, tell me, tell me,
-- I love her! –

Merciful Heaven!
Is there any thing,
If there is any thin’ I might do?

No comments:

 
Custom Search